Help me ID these tubes - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2015, 01:22 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default Help me ID these tubes

Please help me ID these tubes. Over the years the labeling has flaked off the sides and the tube boxes are long gone. So not sure of the manufacture. I got these in the 80s. I believe they are both 12AX7. My tube tester is currently not working, so without building a circuit, I'm not sure, but both were working last time I checked. Both tubes have a diamond etched in the glass on the flat bottom, one is 51, with a 2 under it, the other is a 2, with inverted 2 under it. Is there any hope of figuring out what they are?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1218.JPG (533.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1219.JPG (589.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1220.JPG (548.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1221.JPG (694.5 KB, 80 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 04:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cortez, CO
My Telefunken tubes do not look like that. There are 3 ridges going across and 2 on each side. The holes in the plate are bigger with the top and bottom both pressed in.
A RCA I have has ridges on the plate, along with a GE. Then I have a GE and Motorola with smaller plates.

Some Telefunkens have smooth plates, like the ones made for Fisher and Dynaco. Look at pictures for those.

Last edited by DeathRex; 1st August 2015 at 04:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 05:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Monroe Township, NJ
Smoothplate TFK ECC83?
Eli D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 12:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
Alastair E's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South Wales
Looks a bit Japanese to me--especially the getter....

Maybe Hitachi?
Das Beste Oder Nichts
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 02:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
From what I can recall...they had white markings, like Bugle Boy, or Mullard. Pretty sure they were not Japanese. I was into buying NOS American or European. I was thinking they were Tele smooth plates? That doesn't mean the where not built for someone else, and relabeled, by one of the major manufactures. Does anyone know a trustworthy place I could send and have tested and verified what they are?
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me ID this trafo and tubes.. Junm Tubes / Valves 10 31st October 2013 02:46 AM
Help ID tubes Plz JRGuitarGuy Tubes / Valves 11 11th October 2012 02:47 PM
help ID 4-500 old stock tubes squarehdca Tubes / Valves 3 25th September 2010 09:26 PM
help on id of tubes woodturner-fran Tubes / Valves 8 14th March 2006 10:17 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2015 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2