Vintage parts to new amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Vintage parts to new amp

Few days ago I took a Nordmende Caruso console from kijiji. Unfortunately, the previous owner dog pee in the console and eat some wires and a piece of the board (see pictures). Is a small dog. I've try to see if the electronics can be saved, but the HV side of the transformer was in short (I've used a bulb plug), and from 8 lamps only one was lighting. All the lamps are good (most of them are Valvo and the 2xEL84 are Telefunken). I've pull out the transformers. The wood was scraped (to smelly). If someone need the turn-table I'll give-it to him (it's in good condition except the plastic mat). Pick-up only. The amplifier is in different section then the turn-table and the speakers and only the amplifier was affected. Now, since I can't use the amplifier I want to build one with the existing tubes. Can someone suggest a schematic? See pictures for the transformers.
The OT are 10K/4.5ohms. I plan to re-use the original speakers (1 full range +tweeter per channel). The list of tubes is: ECC85, ECH81, EF89, EABC80, EBC81 2xEL84 + magic eye EM84. I plan to use the EL84 as output tubes and if necessary I can get some 6DJ8 from my old Tektronix scope (is working, but I'm not using-it). I don't plan to destroy the scope, just to borrow some lamps if needed. I only plan to use the amp with the ipod/tablet headset exit (I already own an old console in very good condition). I'd prefer to use an already tried schematic, if someone can suggest one.The PSU will be SS as the original one. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0994.JPG (111.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0995.JPG (100.5 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0996.JPG (91.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0998.JPG (60.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1001.JPG (60.3 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Alex1975; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

You could try the RH84. The ECC85/6AQ8 is very similar to the 12AT7/ECC81. Recycle the O/P "iron" too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RH84 Schematic.jpg (53.8 KB, 33 views)
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #3
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  England
diyAudio Member

Or the RH84

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rh...R-c7ABTIVvk%3D

Regards
M. Gregg
Old Today, 01:13 AM   #4
AllenB is online now AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

Lucky it wasn't a shihtzu

Hide this!Advertise here!