• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SMPS Tube kit - Interested?

Speaking of LT -- they have several controllers and gate drivers which allow the switch to operate in the linear portion of the curve in a "controlled slew rate" fashion -- albeit with a penalty to efficiency. You can do this with discrete components too, but I believe that the LTC solution is neat. No DIP packages, either SOIC or TSSOP. I have some samples of LT3439 and LT1533 etc.

Lots of designs here -- by Jim Williams:

http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/application-note/AN118fb.pdf

Have no idea where you get these figures from...
Been designing SMPS for 25 years for MIL applications up to 20kV ...
400V is not considered High Voltage for SMPS....
PP and Bridge converters can do this with ease with better than 1% Line-Load regulation... Can make them reasonably small if switching over 500kHz...
With rock solid stable control loops with better than 80 degrees of Phase Margin and fairly quick cross-over points...you will not experience any problematic situations ...

Hi Cerrem.

Now the Corona crisis comes to his end, I start again.

I want to make a smps for a tube hybrid.

Needs 2 x 120 volts 300mA, 1 x 6.3 and 12.6 volts 5 a 10 amp 1 x 350 volts 200mA.

A resonance smps wil be ideal, because of the very low EMI radiation who is needed for amps.

I can extense it with 2 x 65 volts 10 amps But I think the transformer will not wwork right anymore in a resonance smps, so need it separate.

thanks in advance.