Step By Step Journal Of My TubeLab SSE build - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2015, 11:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Step By Step Journal Of My TubeLab SSE build

Click the image to open in full size.

This all started when a friend of mine told me about his hobby building HiFi tube amplifiers. I had an old pair of Tannoy reference monitors that needed a good amp, so I was intrigued. I asked him if he would help me get started. In addition to giving me a handful of useful parts he suggested I should look into Tubelab.com and DIYAudio.com . Soon after I decided to build an amplifier based on the Tubelab SSE PCB and wrote a journal of my experience.
The journal isn't meant to be instructional necessarily. I tried to write something that was insightful, showing where and how I got guidance with this project. I have added links and photos when I felt it might be useful. I am open to any suggestions any of you may have for improving the blog and have already updated it multiple times. Please check it out at:

www.sonicfreq.com/HiFi-Tube-Amp/

Last edited by SonicFreq; 26th June 2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 27th June 2015, 03:36 PM   #2
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

Great write up, thanks for sharing.
Old 27th June 2015, 06:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks JZatopa. I am working on a 2nd amp and started a journal for that yesterday. Ill post a link to it soon.

Hide this!Advertise here!