• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What the hell caused this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dennis,
Once it dries, it might be the only thing holding some components in place. Trust me on this.

Best to get it to an audio service shop post haste and explain the situation. Some components don't like water - like trimmer capacitors. Still, it's either wreck some components or write the unit off. Neither is a great option. Barring Fluffy from the room is a far better plan. Filters clogged with cat hair is common, as are CD / DVD transports.

Kitties are not welcome near any technology you want to keep.

-Chris

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Since the fault is in glass at the bottom of tube, so what are there at tube bottom? I suspected one or more tube pin is not sitting property sitting in pin receptor of the tube socket, it can be outside, causing the pin to stress the glass to crack when even slightly pressed especially glass may be slightly weak. Good idea to check the tube after plug it.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Yup, I asked alright. An answers I got!

I think it was a bent / forced pin issue - I find it hard to believe a newer tube can have manufacturing defect /issues nowadays - maybe a 40 year old tube, but not a newer tube......so I firmly place the blame on me!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.