• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

tube kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I'm a complete beginner to the tube amps. I was surfing the web trying to find a kit which is simple and easy to start with. And I found that "Antique Electronic Supply" sells a stereo tube kit @ $125.96 (part# K-502). I'm wondering if this kit is worthy of trying. Please give me an advice, EXPERTS. Thanks.
Jazz2250

http://www.audioelectronicsupply.com/ You may end up being somewhat dissatisfied with the end result.Low power,not exactly high end sound,and certainly not much to look at.Check the above and look for their AE-25 amplifier kit.Very nice piece with good quality parts and more likely to pass the Wife Acceptance Factor.Don't know how good their kit directions are,as this usually makes a huge difference,but this amp would be at least one order of magnitude better than the Antique Electronic kit.

Hello JAZZ2250,

I just ordered a Tube Headphone Amp Kit from; Worldaudiodesign.co.uk. They have a lot of tube kits, and you can order directly from their website. They are in the U.K. The prices seem to be very reasonable and the quality of the kits seem to be very good as well.

I'm looking foward to building this kit. I've always wanted a Tube Amp.

I have exhumed this thread because i will make a list of
Tube amplifier Kits.... (complete of everything, box,tubes, transfo..)

the first one that comes me to mind is the Vellemann :
- K4040 (Stereo, four EL34 for channel)
- K8010 (Mono, four KT88)
- K8011 (Mono, four EL34 sold without case)

In Italy we have Nuova Elettronica
with these kits:
- LX1113 (Stereo, two EL34 or KT88 push pull)
- LX1321 (Stereo, two KT88 PP with pre)

Other kits ? :djinn:

thanks !

P.S. some ST70 clone ??? :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.