Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2013, 07:59 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

My EAR 859 is on and working as I write. Its home-built of course, working on its original valves! I used high grade caps, like paper/oil, in critical parts, and transformers from TdP. Drives PMC IB2s loud with ease...

Andrew
Old 17th February 2013, 10:49 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCee View Post
My EAR 859 is on and working as I write. Its home-built of course, working on its original valves! I used high grade caps, like paper/oil, in critical parts, and transformers from TdP. Drives PMC IB2s loud with ease...

Andrew
Congratulations for your amp.
Could you share your experiences on all (intentional?) error related to schematics published by HFN? I have been aware of 2 errors so far, 47 k instaed of 4.7k and 4.7 pF instaed of 47 pF...there must be others I'm interested so much.
Old 18th February 2013, 04:17 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Default Errors?

Hi, Sorry Obi, I was not aware of any errors. I built my amp to the circuit diagrams published in 1994 in HFN. On the magazine copy I have here I can see there are 2x 47pH caps in series on the anode of the PL519 (I used 40V heater valves) but otherwise I know of no errors I'm afraid. I'll be interested to know if there any mistakes in the original article???

I guess I could compare the diagram published on the web with my paper copy? Please do let me know if you find anything, I'll have a look over the web diagram in the next couple of days.

Thanks, Andrew

Hide this!Advertise here!