• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Progress of my 813 SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Fuling

Thank you! The output transformers is my friend make for me.Like this.

Attachments

• opt.jpg
    opt.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 452
Thanks! Wd40!

I may not say quite clearly about the dangeous of using chock in 1000V sisuation. What I mean is using chock in such high voltage might short inner the chock in some time, thats my friend told me! Especially using LCLC structure. That is why I am interested the chock Wd40 used.

In Taiwan, I nearly could not find double C chocks, but EI form chocks is quite easily got!

Cheers!

Hi! Wd40,

This morning, I contact with the freind I mentioned in early reply.
He told me one guy in Taipei made a 845 with B+ 1000V, then, a couple of days, the chock he used got buring and short!

I don't understand the words Jax suggested that "to let the choke float by insulating it from the chassis". What that mean?

If you mount a choke the normal way then the core of the choke will be connected to the chassis and that is normally grounded. Thus there will be a potential of 1000V between the winding and the core. This might be too much for the insulation.

If you let the core float it will adopt a potential near 1000V through the leakage capacitance between the winding and the core. This will reduce the risk of an arc between the winding and core. But :att'n: the choke must be installed in such a way that you cannot touch it when in operation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.