Hard data on HP928 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Elvee is offline Elvee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default Hard data on HP928

Hi there,

Does someone have (quantitative, numerical) data about the HP928 flux probes?

I salvaged a number of probes and one complete unit some years ago, and I am thinking of rebuilding a solid state instrument completely compatible with the probes.

Apart from fun, I do that for two reasons: a) the HP428 will predictably fail some day and I am not sure I will invest effort and obsolete parts into repairing it, and b) using semiconductors, it will be relatively easy to outperform the original version, in a more compact and digital version, with a fast tracking output, etc.

But to do that, I need engineering data about the saturation current of the 20KHz excitation, transduction factor, etc.
Of course, I can (painstakingly) measure and reverse engineer all of that, but it occurs to me that someone must have had the same idea, and if the data is available, I'd be quite happy to reuse it....

Last edited by Elvee; 5th January 2015 at 09:31 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!