• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT88EH matched quad auction, Fake?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These Electro-Harmonix KT88 tubes are brand new in the original box, never has been used, direct from the factory, warranted for 90 days. this is a dutch auction. each bid of $99.95 is for one quad(4 pieces)platinum matched tubes

It all seems a bit too good to be true for me!!

Does anyone know of people faking KT88's with cheaper versions?

I'm reluctant to buy one, because the tube in the picture is off to one side, if you look at the base and then the tube it doesn't match up quite right, and because of the immense price difference!

Note I don't mean to advertise, just hoping not to get screwed.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...73059742&category=50593&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Cheers.

Layberinthius said:
These Electro-Harmonix KT88 tubes are brand new in the original box, never has been used, direct from the factory, warranted for 90 days. this is a dutch auction. each bid of $99.95 is for one quad(4 pieces)platinum matched tubes

It all seems a bit too good to be true for me!!

Does anyone know of people faking KT88's with cheaper versions?

I'm reluctant to buy one, because the tube in the picture is off to one side, if you look at the base and then the tube it doesn't match up quite right, and because of the immense price difference!

Note I don't mean to advertise, just hoping not to get screwed.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...73059742&category=50593&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Cheers.

Why on earth would anyone want to fake an EH KT88 ? $99 is about the going rate for a quad . You probably would not get the valves in the picture , the seller has multiple quantities listed . If you're unsure , query the seller or don't buy them !

316a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.