• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Magnavox tuner preamp 570111

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I just purchased an Magnavox stereo tuner preamp 570111 in great condition. My question is this has a nine pin connector that went to the original amplifier but I would like to hook it up to my mono block amps. I would like to somehow change this connection to power it another way. Can this be done? I have never tried anything like this before and all suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. I am including some pics also.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_082043.jpg
    IMG_20141230_082043.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 67
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 62
  • $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
looking at your middle photo of the tuner I do not see a power transformer and assotiated power supply components. The connector is probably the powersupply hookup between the power amp and the tuner/preamp. I see some RCA connectors on the tuner so I don't think the 9 pin plug carries audio.

Can you find a schematic for the tuner/preamp? Otherwise you may have to take a guess what the power supply requirements are and build one.

Last edited:
See the cables that end in RCA plugs. Those are what connect to the power amp(s).

The umbilical that terminates in an Octal plug is for obtaining power from the console power amp. Unfortunately, you need to build a power supply, in order to use the tuner/preamp. :( The unit lacks a power trafo and associated PSU circuitry.

Contact member Tom Bavis. He has an extensive schematic collection that probably includes your model. The schematic for the unit will tell us what sort of PSU needs to be built.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.