• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Russian 6p3s??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay I have a pair of these....running them in like a BF/bassman/plexi type amp with 400-420 on plates/screens

they seem to be holding up..but notice they get really HOT though....as far as sound kinda dull sounding...but oddly enough works well with rolling off a lot of the piercing/ice-pick high end in a way....

from what I understand they are really not up to the task with higher voltages? so are they gonna smoke themselves?

I see about them 6p3s-Es those look wayyy tougher/reported can really take some voltages/abuse? etc?

....running them in like a BF/bassman/plexi type amp with 400-420 on plates/screens...

...they seem to be holding up..but notice they get really HOT though....

The voltage alone does not make any tube running hot, but the voltage with too high current will do so. So what current do you vave ?

I have used 6P3S-E with 450 V as +Ub and 50 mA as Ik without any problems for years.

Going by 19w plate dissipation 400v they are sitting around 30ma give or take some.... so getting run pretty good near 70%? OPT Shunt/current/voltage drop is verifying that it seems/as well.
not sure about what these tubes can do/handle... to change/back off I'm gonna have to start changing some resistors....

tell ya though I'm not inclined to try running them higher to see if they can handle it haha, but hell not hint of any red-plating/spots or anything like that.... and I think they sound pretty decent/not great/not too awful etc...

makes me want to score them 6p3s-Es sounds like I could really crank them suckers up haha, like holy ****! you ran 450v/50ma for years!?! wow haha

Last edited:
Nice, Yeah just want them because how tough/long they last.....I tried to crank up some JJ E34Ls awhile back to 40-50ma, one arced/smoked itself pretty quick/and pretty bad drifting some can do etc,
finally got a few that are pretty solid now though... I seen those pics of the EHX EL34s heard good and bad...I need to try them too see they are them and those Gold Lion reissue KT77s are like though haha,
JJs just scare me anymore haha, sucks to because of how badass/tough old Tesla was....sounded imo way better as well...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.