• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MC-10L no bass response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I dont know what I did but before I did test with bass box with sub 4 ohms, maybe it f... my amp. So I have disconnected all speakers and connect sub for one channel, i did 1 minute test it was really deep bass. After that i connect old spearkers back, and proper bass...

So if I`m using one channel, no matter L (4 or 8 ohms) or R (4 or 8 ohms) bass response is fine, but if I am using 2 channels, than less bass and bass slightly disstorted but not to much... There is no stock china bulbs, EL34b SVETLANA, and preamp bulbs made in russia as well. I am using these bulbs more than 2 years and no probs at at all. Bias 0.34V

Could somebody help me?

solved!!!
thank`s mate!!!!
But how It could makes so huge difference? because one speaker was connected proper, second one was connected reverse? but no bass was for 2 channels. really strange.. I know about speaker phases but seems for valve amp its very important! thanks again and have good weekend! From me beer for you!

Nothing to do with valve amp. Wrong speaker phase in one channel gets rid of bass whatever amp you have. The reason is simple: bass is nearly the same on both channels so if one is antiphase it cancels acoustically. Treble does not cancel in the same way because it differs more between channels and because the shorter wavelength means you would have to be in exactly the right spot to get cancellation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.