|Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|8th March 2002, 09:05 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aachen, Germany
General assembly advices ?
I am currently collecting some advices/ ideas/ hints to be taken care of when building an amplifier with point-to-point wiring.
I have just started to build me a parallel push pull tube amplifier with two KT88 per channel. The schematic is not the problem, it is the hardware layout.
A lot of things can be done wrong.
Here is some example of what I am looking for.
- Correct placement of electronic components. e.g. Transformers always rectangular to each others. This is to minimize cross-talk.
- Short leads where high frequencies might occur (low pass filters)
- direct connection of ground to one point using cables.
- Size of cables ?
- When using shielded cables, always connecting one end of the shield to ground only.
- Twisted pair for anode heating
- One connection between ground and amplifier chassis only.
I was very glad if you could give me some more hints.
Do you know any web links ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|About to begin 3-way project. advices please!!||zafira1981||Multi-Way||17||31st August 2009 03:18 PM|
|Advices about speakers||mafu||Multi-Way||0||10th March 2008 01:11 PM|
|Beginner needs advices for 807 PP project||lcsaszar||Tubes / Valves||7||18th July 2007 11:28 PM|
|NIGC or IGC, advices needed.||Dxvideo||Chip Amps||3||11th April 2007 04:26 PM|
|Need Car Amp Project advices||lomtik||Car Audio||1||17th June 2005 03:09 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|