UXCV-11 plates? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2014, 08:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default UXCV-11 plates?

Hi everyone, I recently lost a transformer on my device that was outputting an unknown voltage and amperage to a pair of UXCV-11 bulbs, as well as additional wires to the "plate caps" of the "unit". I believe by "unit" I am referring to the UXCV-11 bulb's "plate caps", but I don't know exactly what I am referring to by "plate caps" here. The pair of UXCV's are the only bulbs in the machine aside from one other small one, and according to my source the "transformer sends one pair of wires to power up the UXCV bulbs, and another set of wires to power the plate caps, which do all of the work". I recently was able to get the transformer replaced by a very helpful person, but unfortunately he had to leave and return home 2000 miles away. While the bulbs are receiving the power to light up at 2.5 amps and 10 volts, the plate caps are just not getting enough power. Sadly, the original transformer is unmarked and has no references to its power outputs or what its doing with the output electricity. We replaced it with this: AS-8T650 - AnTek Products Corp , which does work, sort of, but the secondary wires need to output just a little more power. By a little more I'm not quite sure how much! If the plate caps are part of the UXCV-11's, does anyone know what their operational range is?
Old 15th September 2014, 09:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
http://www.tubecollectors.org/united...ves/uxcv11.pdf
Old 15th September 2014, 03:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Wow I feel stupid haha. Thank you. Can I ask, I see the tube has 3 valid pins or electrodes rather for connection. On the bulb insert bracket it says "P P G", which I think is Filament +, Filament -, and Grid. Is the Grid suppose to mean "Plate"? How do I get power to the "plate" part of the bulb? It looks like the grid ratings are separate from both filament and plate. Also, if anyone can maybe help me on this... By doubling the output wires on the AT650 replacement transformer, I've got power to the filaments at 2.5 amps and 10 volts by using a pair of 25 watt 1 ohm resisters. However, I'm looking at the secondary wires that do all of the work. By doubling those, I think I go from 650V .62A to 1300V .124A. Reading the UXCV11 specs here, it looks like the bulbs maximum plate ratings are 1250V modulated / 1500V unmodulated, and 125ma modulated / 150ma unmodulated. Doesn't 1300V at .124A mean 1300V at 124ma? Aren't the bulb limits for the plate cap already being pushed near the top? Do I have this incorrect somehow?
Old 15th September 2014, 03:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
Yes, the UX is the mother of all valves! The Plate is the Anode. The Cathode is the filament and the Grid is the Control Grid.
Hope that helps.

Hide this!Advertise here!