• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need Advice for Bi-amping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
Just want some much needed information on how to hook up a Bi-Amped tube stereo to Bi-ampable speakers, 1.) I have a 1963 Scott 200 tube integrated that has custom Pre-outs; but losses 1/2 the signal. 2.) Will be having a custom made 6AS7G SE amp built by end of October. Just a power amp! So, I have a selector box I hook everything into, and run the Outs R-L thru the Tuner inputs on the Scott. Now, I want to run these two amps in A bi-amp setup as my Speakers are custom made from ADS enclosures housing a Custom made 9" FR with no crossover on it and the tweeters only 1st order, battery biased and A rear tweeter, paralleled. Running this system with a pro audio crossover as that takes away from the tube sound! Already done that! Passive Pre-amps might not have the gain available to run the 6AS7G SE Amplifer, Yes? Has anyone ever tried this with passive crossover already installed in the speakers? Do I need a splitter mixer from Pro audio rack mount? PianoLydia
Ps. I will also have a volume control on the new 6AS7G SE amp!

Last edited:
Passive Pre-amps might not have the gain available to run the 6AS7G SE Amplifer, Yes?

Passive preamplifiers have 0 gain, none, they are passive.

Information given is unclear. Can you post a connection diagram showing everything you describe?

Typically in a bi-amped situation you will have an active crossover that separates the low frequency from the high frequency at a selectable value dependent on the speaker selection. The two frequency bands will each be input to a separate amplifier. Passive crossover components are removed.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.