Thinking of building my first tube amp. Suitable projects? - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd April 2002, 01:37 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Erik,
I know there are a number of companies producing very high quality HiFi products in your area of the world. Please check out google.com and go to rec.audiotubes and try and contact a tube stereo Do It Yourself lover in your area. Most people that are very happy to share knowledge and possibly parts to get a new person started in this fun hobby. I have been blessed with this myself and have learned so much and been exposed to even more. Most of the guys out there listening to great sound for a small price were taught about it by some one else, and are happy to pass it on. This is a great place to get info but if you can find a mentor that will give you a bit of time when you need it. You would be surprised at how many tube audio guys are out there.
Old 7th April 2002, 02:20 PM   #52
diyAudio Member

please check out the directory for KITS:

http://www.worldtubeaudio.com/
Old 8th April 2002, 12:07 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

Erik,

Have you made a final decision. If you have not yet made one, then, perhaps this forum should be able to help you design your own amplifier. There is a lot of knowledge among the members of this forum. It is about time that we pooled our resources and have a common project.

A simple topology for you to consider would be the Ralph Amplifier. Look at the threads in this forum. The input stage including the driver transformer should only need minor changes. You could consider a higher dissipation tube for the output stage. I am thinking of the Russian triode 6C41C. This is a 25-30W tube and requires low anode voltage. More info at:

http://www.mclink.it/com/audiomatica/tubes/6c41.htm

You could also consider a solid state bridge rectifier for the power supply.

I know that this project may exceed your budget. But you are going to order components as you need them. What do you think?

Mohan
Old 8th April 2002, 10:31 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Erik Johansson
Ive almost decided that Im going to build the WAD Kel84 http://www.worldaudiodesign.co.uk

/Erik
Old 9th April 2002, 12:04 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

Erik,

This is good news.

Mohan
Old 9th April 2002, 12:28 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

Have you seen how much differebt tube amp kits available?

Check out the directory for KITS:

http://www.worldtubeaudio.com/

Hide this!Advertise here!