Thinking of building my first tube amp. Suitable projects? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2002, 06:26 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Erik Johansson
As I may have mentioned above, I can buy the Ella kit in Denmark when I go there soon so shipping costs are not a problem.

/Erik
Old 11th March 2002, 08:10 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Can I modify the Ella with more inputs connected to an input selector, and maybe a "main-in" input to be able to use it as a power amp for the Basie from diyhifisupply.

I also heard there is a phono-stage coming soon for the Ella, anyone heard of it?

/Erik
Old 11th March 2002, 11:01 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Just got the prices from the danish store and they were was too high.

Instead I think IŽll get the Edison 60 here in Sweden. The complete kit is US $640. You can see it here: http://www.aland.net/sandmarcaudio/e60.htm

/Erik
Old 12th March 2002, 01:51 AM   #34
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Johansson
Just got the prices from the danish store and they were was too high.

Instead I think IŽll get the Edison 60 here in Sweden. The complete kit is US $640. You can see it here: http://www.aland.net/sandmarcaudio/e60.htm

/Erik
This amplifier also comes highly recommended (and only needs to be shipped from the UK). Also very versatile so that you can try out all sorts of different configuarations.

dave
Old 12th March 2002, 02:32 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

This amplifier also comes highly recommended (and only needs to be shipped from the UK). Also very versatile so that you can try out all sorts of different configuarations.

dave
No shippping from the UK. I can get the Edison 60 HERE, in Sweden!

/Erik
Old 12th March 2002, 02:44 AM   #36
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
No shippping from the UK. I can get the Edison 60 HERE, in Sweden!
Yes but the price you are paying includes the price your dealer paid to have it shipped from the UK (the Edisons are built in the UK aren't they)

dave
Old 12th March 2002, 06:40 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Yes but the price you are paying includes the price your dealer paid to have it shipped from the UK (the Edisons are built in the UK aren't they)

dave
Actually I doubt it (that it would be more expensive). I buy the Edison from a company called "Triod-Ljud" and the guy who runs that company is Erik Andersson, who is the designer of the Edison amps and the man who started making the kits a long time ago.

/Erik
Old 12th March 2002, 07:21 AM   #38
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Actually I doubt it (that it would be more expensive). I buy the Edison from a company called "Triod-Ljud" and the guy who runs that company is Erik Andersson, who is the designer of the Edison amps and the man who started making the kits a long time ago.
So Edison is Swedeish and not English? Learn something new each day! Nothing like having the designer at hand for tech support -- makes it the clear choice i'd say.

dave
Old 12th March 2002, 03:28 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:

So Edison is Swedeish and not English? Learn something new each day! Nothing like having the designer at hand for tech support -- makes it the clear choice i'd say.

dave
The kits might be made in England. I know he claims 75% of the parts are made there. But I got the designer over here

/Erik
Old 25th March 2002, 04:46 PM   #40
hifi is offline hifi  Sweden
diyAudio Member

http://s5electronics.com/gpage1.html

any opinions on that kit? ... Personally iŽm not particullary fond of erik andersson (edison) the man is just impossibly to talk with... (he thinks he has the patent on the truth)... =(

/micke

Hide this!Advertise here!