• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Output Transformer for L3 pre Audio Note

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please help me how much is parameters of volt at pin 9 (5687 tube) ? with schematic following:
After connecting to OPT for L3 AN. Because I make it myself...

Volt at pin 9 (TX) W35,W37???
Thanks

Attachments

• l3line.jpg
    l3line.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 830
Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
High gain?

Audio Note L3 Line Pre-Amplifier Kit
"Specifications

Input Impedance 100K
Input Sensitivity 126mV
Gain x8 (single ended mode), x16 (balance mode)
Valve Complement 2x 5687 (line stage) 1x 6X5, 1x ECL82(PSU)
Chassis dimensions 38.1cm(15") wide, 40.64cm(16") back to front, 14.6cm(5.75") height including height from floor"

I believe, your transformer is not 33:1 step-down version.
Audio Note pre-amplifier output transformers

the ANK OPT (which are no longer the AN made ions) may not be the 33:1 step down, something like 28:1.

This pre gives only 8-10 times voltage gain only depending on the tube combo used (5687, 7044, e182cc, 6463, ecc82, 12bh7, 6sn7, ecc99...), not excessively high.

you may want to address the gain of your system in the source or power amp ie: AN DAC to L3 pre to classic 6sn7-6sn7-300b is definitely too much gain.

Your idea is so great. And now, My kit used volume not over 3h, sound is extremely loud. If I increase the wiring resistance of primary, and decrease the wiring resistance of secondary .I feel weak sound, lacking of dynamic and detailed sound.With "something like 28:1". I tried to do it , the result is medium gai, but sound not so great...:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.