• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

7868 to 7591a conversion help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I have looked in the search (I can never find anything), and posted this question in this thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/242118-twin-conn-organ-7868-rebuild.html, but no one seems to even read it. It is boring.

anyhow, I have two Conn 2 channel amps that I want to change the output iron on (transformers are not full range). they both have all the caps changed and are running good. one is in my stereo system now and will not be changed until I have finished this one. it has a new set of sylvania 7868's, and sounds awesome (except the rolled off highs).

The second is in the process of being rebuilt. the tubes are pretty burnt up and I have a new set of EH 7591a's that I would like to use instead. I bought some huge Eico iron, and to make them fit I will have to change the layout. I like the looks of the 7591a's and If I have to move the sockets, I want to use them. I have 8 pin sockets that are no longer used on this amp, and can put them where I want them, then move the wires over which should make this not so hard to do.

can anyone please draw me a diagram of the pin to pin conversion? I really need your help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.