• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

cap coupling to interstage transformer or direct coupling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
audiowize if you look for perfect DC square wave (!!!)
give up tubes amplifiers
discrete circuits perform much better at very low cost
tube amplifiers are from the beginning of hystory
direct heathed triodes and transformers
every ting else no matter of interest for my
and i hate capacitors and transistors, from four decades
every day i replace death capacitors and transistors
and resistors of course

So your post #26 is false. You pulled Claudiomas' remark on death capacitors out of it's context; be aware that English is not his native language, and that it is no so difficult to tackle him on his words.

Audiowize I am done with you: I stop discussing with people who repeatedly use false arguments, and bring up other issues when they loose their arguments.

Good luck!

Perhaps you don't have a lot of experience with transformer evangelists. This was really, really common back in the 90s, when amateur builders would replace a coupling cap with an interstage transformer in a single ended amp and then proclaim that they had "no capacitors in the signal path".

Claudio's statements that he loves transformers and hates capacitors is very reminiscent of this sentiment of working toward no caps in the signal path. You can approach this by using regulated high voltage power supplies, but this requires solid state components, and he has lumped these into the bad category with capacitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.