diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Real russian tubes anyone?? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/25588-real-russian-tubes-anyone.html)

Magura 8th January 2004 12:49 AM

Real russian tubes anyone??
 
Anuone got "real" russian tubes that are marked in russian?


Magura

fdegrove 8th January 2004 12:57 AM

Hi,

Quote:

Anuone got "real" russian tubes that are marked in russian?
Sure...

And?

Cheers, ;)

Magura 8th January 2004 01:01 AM

Got a photo of them?? perhaps with a pointer about what is worth anything....and for what??

I have a connection in ex ussr....and there are tubes all over the place, just gotta know what to buy :)


Magura

fdegrove 8th January 2004 01:10 AM

Hi,

Quote:

Got a photo of them??
No..There must be plenty on the net though.

Quote:

I have a connection in ex ussr....and there are tubes all over the place, just gotta know what to buy
Just ask away, I'm sure people will answer...

What you want to buy depends on your market perspectives...

Former USSR export tubes are usually of better quality compared to what you may find locally.

I usually bought through agencies in the Soviet Union and quality was not bad at all...

Cheers,;)

Magura 8th January 2004 01:15 AM

Well since youre the tube expert around, you may know what i should go for.

Tubes for the ultimate (i know such thing as ultimate amps dosnt exist...i though trust your judgement better than mine when it comes to tubes) pre and power amp.........im not looking to import for any market, its for myself.


Magura

fdegrove 8th January 2004 01:21 AM

Hi,

Quote:

Well since youre the tube expert around, you may know what i should go for.
Oh, I certainly won't consider myself an expert...Experienced maybe...

Quote:

im not looking to import for any market, its for myself.
There's little point in importing tubes you have no use for, so what do you want to do with them?

Cheers, ;)

Magura 8th January 2004 01:24 AM

Build a pre and a power tube amp. Hence the question about what amp and pre to build and wich tubes to get for such.

Magura

fdegrove 8th January 2004 01:29 AM

Hi,

Quote:

Build a pre and a power tube amp. Hence the question about what amp and pre to build and wich tubes to get for such.
Sure...That's still pretty vague though.

Preamp: Linelevel only?

Poweramp: How many Watts do you need? SE or PP? Class of operation, etc.

It's not a simple yes or no game as you may notice...

Cheers,;)

Magura 8th January 2004 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by fdegrove

Preamp: Linelevel only?

Poweramp: How many Watts do you need? SE or PP? Class of operation, etc.


A SE class A around 10W

Now what is linelevel??

Cheers

Magura

fdegrove 8th January 2004 01:46 AM

Hi,

Quote:

Now what is linelevel??
Errr...pretty much the breastline of that avatar you're displaying....

Flamin' hormones...Excuse.

By linelevel is meant a CD or equivalent source not really requireing amplification even a lot of people use some.

Think low mu, low Zout tubes acting as semi-buffers to the amp.

Quote:

A SE class A around 10W
That's a huge raft of tubes from triodes to pentodes...

Any preference for directly heated triodes or whatever?

Cheers,;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2