Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2004, 06:43 AM   #11
Colt45 is offline Colt45  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Colt45
I can help you.. need to be a little more specific though. there are quite a few tubes that can do 10w SE.
Old 8th January 2004, 02:32 PM   #12
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fdegrove
Hi,

By linelevel is meant a CD or equivalent source not really requireing amplification even a lot of people use some.

Think low mu, low Zout tubes acting as semi-buffers to the amp.

That's a huge raft of tubes from triodes to pentodes...

Any preference for directly heated triodes or whatever?

Cheers,
Directly heated???

As you may have figured....im 100% new to tubes

Linelevel it is then.

Magura
Old 8th January 2004, 02:34 PM   #13
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Colt45
I can help you.. need to be a little more specific though. there are quite a few tubes that can do 10w SE.

You gotta aske the questions you need me to answer......so you need to be a little more specific

I havnt got a clue about tubes. I just stumbled on the option to build a tube amp for relatively little money, cause i can get the tubes more or less for free

Magura
Old 10th January 2004, 12:52 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hey-Hey!!!!,
For a beginner, I would recommend the Bottlehead assembly manuals. Nice linestage design, can be used with a whole raft of dual triodes. They have amplifiers which are directly heated,so that part of the circuitry is explained also.
The manuals are not to expensive and contain all technical specifications of the parts, so you can shop for other sources for your particular tube's requirements. They also have layout pictures, which will give you some idea of how things should be done, until you learn the detailed reasons yourself.
One thing, their stuff is all parallel feed in the output stage, and that is not absolutely the simplest thing to do, just one way to skin the proverbial cat. Thye have great skill at getting parts which are jsut adequate for the job at hand, although recently they have started offering Iron which has some reserve capacity in case you want to deviate radically from the original design. Very careful are those guys, and skilled...anyway, good luck getting your project off the ground, there is help all over the place.
regards,
Douglas

Hide this!Advertise here!