• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help 6N6T pinout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Does anybody KNOW with certainty what the pinout is for the Chinese 6N6T? I know this sounds like a silly question these days, but I have searched high and low on the net and cant seem to find a definitive answer. In eBay ads I have seen two versions. One that is the same as the Russian 6N6P and one that is the same as a 5687. Given scattered forum comments (not here) Im not sure either is correct.

Thanks in advance

hi!
6n6t is exactly the same pin layout as 6n6p/6n6p-i (index i(N) tube need moe current then 6n6t or 6n6p) . The internal design of them is equal. Only getter square rather than round. 6n6t is also slightly larger in size and glow little brighter. I like the sound of 6n6t and they don't have any problems for such small price. With some of 6n6p/i i have small hum - lets say from 20 NOS tubes 6 with hum. i attached picture with all tubes - they all have the same pinout. 5687 has different pinout with center taped heater for 12 or 6.3V.

Attachments

• DSC00956.JPG
    DSC00956.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
hi!
6n6t is exactly the same pin layout as 6n6p/6n6p-i (index i(N) tube need moe current then 6n6t or 6n6p) . The internal design of them is equal. Only getter square rather than round. 6n6t is also slightly larger in size and glow little brighter. I like the sound of 6n6t and they don't have any problems for such small price. With some of 6n6p/i i have small hum - lets say from 20 NOS tubes 6 with hum. i attached picture with all tubes - they all have the same pinout. 5687 has different pinout with center taped heater for 12 or 6.3V.

Wrong! Tube 6N6-T have the same pin layout as 5687 and E182CC tubes!

Attachments

• 5687 preamp schematic.jpg
    5687 preamp schematic.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 208
i use them and swap them in may amp. i know. i attached picture of my amp.
copy from ebay description of 6n6t:

DESCRIPTION

The Beijing Shuguang 6N6-T tube is a dual triode tube. This tube is often seen as 6N6p, 6N6PI, 6N6pi, 6H6p, 6N6p-i, 6N6n-i ,or 6H6n-i. The Chinese name for the 6H6p tube is 6N6 or 6N6-T tube.

The 6N6p is a fantastic tube for preamps and driver stages, and is even used as output tubes in the Little Dot MkIII headphone amp. It has been used by the tube DIY underground for many years and is now becoming better known in the mainstream.

The performance of Shuguang Beijing 6N6 is very close to 12BH7 or 5687 but different pinout.

■ NOS Excellent Vintage 6N6-T (6H6П / 6N6 / 6N6P) tube 2PCS

■ Manufactured by BEIJING SHUGUANG plant.

■ NEW and NEVER USED

■ Best Quality in CHINA.
■ Tubes were Tested and Matched on a Vintage SHUGUANG laboratory-grade equipment.

Last edited:
we can not believe to all Kit sellers on ebay, someone can change everything in circuit an schematic.
I shot a close-up photo of 6n6-t - As we can see pin 9 is connected to the screen between triodes like it should be.

Attachments

• DSC00988.JPG
    DSC00988.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 188
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.