• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Extraordinary harmonics. Type 47 # tube amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even harmonics acclaimed in the tube amp. Multi-diode Type 47 can be very very good to express it.
This tube amp I just do, I can hardly believe that he would have such a wonderful harmonics.
Lamented nearly 100 years ago, humans have made ​​such a wonderful thing.
Direct thermal coefficient higher harmonics antique pipe sounds overtone Miaomiao have the feeling linger three days.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,122
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 749
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 711
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 261
ef12 is a very well-known audio control, beyond the reach of today already. Unlike modern engraved antique pipe tube, you can always produce, its price is also expensive, 58H of the output transformer, so it is also far higher than the 2A3 output 20H cattle around a lot of difficulty. But I still think it is worth it.
Over 65 years-old age fans called "Ma Jingquan" as I made the output transformer. Here I would like to express my deep gratitude to him.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I see nothing revolutionary about the design of this integrated amplifier. That does not mean it isn't good sounding, but that it is identical to pretty much every other one I have seen in the past few years coming out of China. As to even ordered harmonics, solid state can also be predominantly second ordered. It's entirely about design goals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.