• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Edge connectors - which to use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to join two top plates with an edge connector which is at least 12 way and preferably 15 way. Purpose - exchanging tube circuits that plug into a basic PSU + OPT base. The connections will be up to 4 heaters for up to two DH or IDH output tubes (say 1.6amp each for 6550), heaters for input tubes, anode and screens, bias volts DC, B+, earth and possibly input signal + and -. Max width is about 128mm or about 5 inch. Top plates are 6 inch wide.
The best idea I have so far is 12 way pluggable terminal strips - like the electrical screw-fit types but with a plug and socket on each connector. These come in 10amp 116mm wide and 6 amp 94mm wide. The 10 amp is tempting but common sense says leave some spare terminals and go for the narrower 6amp ones. Rating is 450v. All in all looks pretty handy for swapping circuit projects.
Anything else I should consider before going ahead? Here's the ref.
http://www.camdenelec.com/ Go to terminal strips.

Here's a pic of the amp:

Attachments

• andyamp.gif
    andyamp.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 134
just make sure to take safety into mind -- you don't want to mount a female edge connector in a position where some high voltage circuitry could come into contact with the operator -->

The idea is that the female connector is on the 'hot' PSU side, while the male connector is on the 'cold' circuit side, which isn't activated until plugged in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.