• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lamm LL2.1 DC Offset problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Attached is the right channel diagram.

Any advise to help us solve the problem are highly appreciated.

Please note that this drawing was directly decoded from Lamm LL2.1 Deluxe PCB.

Attachments

• Right Channel Circuit (Copy Right of Lamm Industries).jpg
    Right Channel Circuit (Copy Right of Lamm Industries).jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 993
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Unfortunately there's a ton of errors in the drawing plus a number of mysterious components.

Assuming a B+ reading of roughly 250VDC where it says B+ then one components that immediately jumps out is the 250VDC decoupling cap in // with the 47mircoF electrolytic to the left top of the drawing. That voltage rating does not make any sense.

Then there are the components in the feedback loop and the way it is attached to the output. Can't believe that's correct either but I assume its just another error in the drawing.
No grid leak resistor on the grid of the bottom triode of the SRRP either. No bias resistor between the two triodes either, etc., etc.

I'll try to correct the drawings you sent me as much as I can and return them to you but other than the cap rating mentioned above and imagining a circuit as I think it should/could be then I don't see any other obvious causes of the DC leakage on the output.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but that's just from disappointment, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.