• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dynaco ST-120 Impedance Concern Martin Logan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so far so good on this amp. The original rectifier tube is still working well, got about 30 hours on it so far.

I'm going to hook up this amp to Martin Logan Electrostatic panel "ONLY". The Monolith III panels without the woofer. I'll use an active crossover such that the ST120 will see nothing below 125Hz. The ML ESL panel is rated at 4 Ohms but there's warnings that this panel will drop to 1 Ohm at some frequencies.

do you feel the ST120 can handle this sort of configuration ? Anything I should modify or do differently to make it work better with this 4 Ohm ML ESL?

Martin logan website says that 4 ohm tube amps that can double their power when the Ohms drop to 2 Ohm have what it takes and work well on Martin Logan.

Does the ST-120 double its Watt output when the impedance of the speakers drops to half?

kind thanks,
Eddie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.