• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OPTx from Ogonowski

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
older thread, but i can report on my OTs from O.

I use his OTs, based on EI84 core (LO-SE25, custom gap) for almost 2 years.

i won't try to describe the sound since it makes no sense. there are nicely done, no-mystery classic construction transformers, German M6 steel (at least EI type), paper insulation, varnished or not (you can decide), most parameters can be changed without additional cost. reasonable priced and the waiting time is among the shortest world-wide.

in my current build i want to try another maker, but just for the feeling that i do something differently, not repeating, limiting myself. sound-wise it would be satisfactory for sure.

So far I have a pair of SE25-3 double C core outputs in my Tubelab SE. Their performance is very good, both frequency and phase-wise. They look good too!

I recently acquired a set for an Audio Note Kit4 clone (2x PP40-2 and 1x TS180-5), but this is still in the assembly stage. Hopefully testing will start soon.

The lead time in my case was about 4 weeks for each order.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.