• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My biggest fear....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My biggest fear....

Attachments

• Fear meme.jpg
    Fear meme.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 458
... and my wife came back home the other day and noticed my SE 3.5-watter had been gone. Than asked a question: "Where is the amp?!" "I gave it to my friend" - I answered.
"Sooo... Kids are at my Mom's, you are out of office. Finish the one you have been working for weeks until Jan, 6th! Go!"

My beloved wife :)

Always told my wife that all of my diyaudio things are much cheaper than her wallet, not even a compare to her bag. As long as she believes it, no worry. But when she starts having doubts and asking items that coming from postman, get her a new wallet, bag, or shoes :D

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Listen wifey,

I'm going to build that amp the £75,000 one, ok dear!

Then I wake up..:D

I'm just getting some relays OK...don't forget the steak dinner dear:eek:

OK no problem...:rolleyes:..quick hide the receipt for the caps..don't bother dear I saw it the other day..oh :confused: meanwhile back in the bat cave:smash:

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
My biggest fear,

What building another one???? why do you want another one you have built three in the last 6 months...

Well go on then, why do you want to build another one:eek: well...err

I'm waiting for an answer:confused: well, well....:eek::eek:

LMAO

Regards
M. Gregg

Well dear its like this...I have to listen to a PP amp and compare it to a very good quality SE amp then I will know which is best...:D:D

Wife<<<<:confused::confused::scratch1: sounds reasonable I guess..here look on DIY audio it says so honest..:)

Regards
M. Gregg

Since my 2822 amp is up & running now, along with my 'proof of concept" OB set-up on the computer..........she is even more confused than ever with the 600mA worth of sound. This makes the 3W 12B4 SE project that much better in her eyes. I hadn't yet let her in on the "amp-on-a-chip" concept.........that's really not where I want to steer her. Glowing tubes, heat et.al...that's where I'm going. Now, getting that 115 Db worth of 80s' Metal sound, with 3W, that's the next challenge.

__________________________________________________Rick................

I make the money. She gets the money.I take the credit card order what i think is reasonable.Then spend the next week telling her what a fine mother,good looking woman and wonderful wife she is all the while dodging various cast iron cooking utensils. Then i finish the project. Her friends come by comment on how great it sounds and beautiful it looks she gets to brag that me and our 6 year old son built it. All is well then it starts again. Ah the circle of life.
Happy New Year to all.
Sam

My biggest fear,

What building another one???? why do you want another one you have built three in the last 6 months...

Well go on then, why do you want to build another one:eek: well...err

I'm waiting for an answer:confused: well, well....:eek::eek:

LMAO

Regards
M. Gregg

I already had 'too many' amps when we met (is there such a thing as too many amps?).
I still can't explain why. It's a condition, it's fun, it's like oxigen... :rolleyes:
-"But why build more?"
-"Ehhmm.... Just finishing up some old parts I have."
-"But you are ordering new parts!"
-"Those are just a few small things to complete that amp."
While going through the stash thinking: I forgot I had those two valves. These need some extra parts...
"Why don't you just sell them instead of spending more on parts?"
:xeye::eek::confused: " these are very old and rare and exceptionally good and..."
"Worth much?"
"Nah"
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.