• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6sn7 tube anode folower question?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
6sn7 output tube stage for dac.......

Hi Guys,and thanks for all your answer.So now to be verry precise in my situation.I have a cd player that will be coupled via TUBE PREAMP to my Diy Paradise Charlize T amp.I have Fostex Big Horn speakers from Terry cain.So I would need a little tube world in my system becouse I need a little bet warmth in my system.I first decide to maybe tweek my cd player with tube output stage with 6sn7 triode becouse I have become a bunch of this from my good friend.Now at last I have decide to build a complete 6sn7 preamp,becouse in this case,I can allways sell my old cd player an buy a new one,and this dont need to be with tube output stage.I hope you all undestund me.So now becouse I Im total newbee in this tube teritorium,plese be so nice and give me some direct good option of one good 6sn7 preamp stage with schematics,so I will know what to build.The gain is for me not at the first place,more important is the sound,I will some warmt to become in my sytem.but I definitely will not to become some soft blured sound of my system with big soft blured bass that is not precise and fast.
Plese for advice!:)

The gain is for me not at the first place,more important is the sound...

The issues are not separable. Poor gain structure will badly compromise the sound, especially with high sensitivity speakers in the mix.

From what you say, you're looking for an effects box, not a neutral preamp. So skip any of the circuits designed to be low distortion. You might look at some of the so-called "tube buffers" that run off low voltages- the distortion may be high enough to be audible as the effect that you want.

Hi Guys,and thanks for all your answer.So now to be verry precise in my situation.I have a cd player that will be coupled via TUBE PREAMP to my Diy Paradise Charlize T amp.I have Fostex Big Horn speakers from Terry cain.So I would need a little tube world in my system becouse I need a little bet warmth in my system.I first decide to maybe tweek my cd player with tube output stage with 6sn7 triode becouse I have become a bunch of this from my good friend.Now at last I have decide to build a complete 6sn7 preamp,becouse in this case,I can allways sell my old cd player an buy a new one,and this dont need to be with tube output stage.I hope you all undestund me.So now becouse I Im total newbee in this tube teritorium,plese be so nice and give me some direct good option of one good 6sn7 preamp stage with schematics,so I will know what to build.The gain is for me not at the first place,more important is the sound,I will some warmt to become in my sytem.but I definitely will not to become some soft blured sound of my system with big soft blured bass that is not precise and fast.
Plese for advice!:)

Why not trying this: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/102352-6v6-line-preamp-15.html#post1995090

Russian 6P6S (clone of 6V6) costs almost nothing..
For PS you can take simple maida regulator with IRF820 and LM317. I have some tubes on my private stock (about 3000) if you need some. We are both from SLO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.