• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT120 plate load for 150+watts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi does anybody know what an ideal p-p plate load would be to get 150+ watts out of a pair of KT120's in tetrode connection also what screen voltages?. I've seen 3k, 4k, 5k & higher on the web. In my head i get 3k to 3.5k plate impedance at, 650 anode volts & about 350 screen volts just from reading many different opinions but I'm still not sure. Is their a table like the kt88 that shows different loads in pp. Great full for anybodies help.

Well,4k looks nice.The top of 150W is reached in classB.For one tube at that moment the load is 1k.The voltage for 150W is sqare root 150x1000,almost 400V giving a top of (x1.4) 550V.Power 650V minus loss OPT resistance leaves something between 50...100V when the tube bottems.Peak current 550V/1k=550mA.If that's to much for the KT120 you must apply a higher voltage and Raa to reach 150W.
Mona

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.