diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   SRPP is....? (

peranders 19th December 2003 11:23 AM

SRPP is....?

SRPP common stuff in the tube business. I know how the connection looks like but what does the letters stand for? I'm not a tube dude.... :no:

According to

SRPP Sprint Retirement Pension Plan

SRPP Strategic Regional Policy Plan (regional land use plan required by Florida's Growth Management Laws)

Neither of those don't seem to fit.

kevin gilmore 19th December 2003 11:31 AM

Series Regulated Push Pull ?????

peranders 19th December 2003 11:35 AM

Thanks (is this true, tube guys?) maybe I should add this ?

arg_ 19th December 2003 12:14 PM

I believe it's Shunt Regulated Push Pull ;)

fdegrove 19th December 2003 12:32 PM



I believe it's Shunt Regulated Push Pull


P.S. The actual circuit doesn't really do any of what its name suggests perfectly but I guess they had to give it a name....


peranders 19th December 2003 12:50 PM

Ok, but what is the shunt here? The cathode resistor?

dhaen 19th December 2003 12:56 PM

I think the joke here is:

It's not shunt..
It's hardly regulated...
It's hardly push-pull at all....


AKSA 19th December 2003 01:08 PM

Single Rail Push Pull


SHiFTY 19th December 2003 08:38 PM

Another name for bootstrap follower?!

I quite like the sound of 6SL7 in SRPP, it doesn't have huge gain, and you need to float the filaments at 80V, but it sounds very neutral to me.

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2