• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need Help with PSVANE 6CA7-T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, I need your expert help. I have a Music Angel EL34 amp which has auto bias and has a very nice sound with the stock Chinese EL34 tubes.

I read that c6a7 tubes are direct replacement to EL34's so thinking that my system would be upgraded, I bought these PSVANE 6CA7-T MarkII tubes.

Upon arrival, I immediately plugged them in replacing the stock EL34 tubes.

Now I the weird thing is that the 6CA7 tubes created a very weird noise just after heating up even when my amplifier is at zero volume. So I just immediately turned off the amplifier and placed back the EL34 tubes which runs normal.

Could it be that these 6CA7 tubes are not compatible? :confused:

Thanks in advance..

Do you think so? I'm just wondering why they create this distorted sound coming from the left and right speakers.

The supplier claimed that these are brand new premium grade tubes. I sent an email to the supplier and I am waiting for their reply.

Could I file a paypal claim in case they refuse to rectify the problem?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
maybe question whether your stock chinese 'EL34' actually are EL34, or whether those 6CA7 actually are 6CA7

or maybe neither of them are
I would certainly question that
and I don't even know anything either :clown:

maybe someone else can help you better

What is the weird noise like?

Possibly it could be an oscillation. This could happen if grid-stop resistors are not used. And, it could be sensitive to what set of tubes is used. In which case nothing is wrong with the tubes, but rather there is a problem with the amp itself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.