Where are the 833 amps? - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th August 2011, 10:54 PM   #281
pre65 is offline pre65  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of 833a monoblocks. Currently undergoing mods to take them to mk3 version.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 13th August 2011, 12:08 AM   #282
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
I have a pair of 833a monoblocks. Currently undergoing mods to take them to mk3 version.

Click the image to open in full size.
I can feel the radiant heat from here across the pond! Safety aspects aside, that's definitely a fun project! How high is your killer B+ ?
On April 01,2012, my radioastronomy Project TARGET SETI search succeeded. The signal came via extradimensional subspace, not radio waves. I now get a lot of 'visitors'. I took my avatar pic of one friend watching me in my work yard from just 20 ft. away.
Old 13th August 2011, 06:01 AM   #283
pre65 is offline pre65  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Actually, it's not that high.

I was advised that 1,000V was minimum for good results, but with the PSU bits I had to hand iv'e "only" managed about 950V HT

First version used my 300b SET amp via a 5K output transformer on the 16R tap to drive the 833a grid, sounded very nice. Version 1A used a small interstage transformer at about 1 :4.5 ratio, but that was less successful.

Current version (mk 2) uses a 6SN7 and EL34 (as cathode follower with fixed negative bias) to drive 833a.

Next version will give a negative supply to the EL34 cathode to correct a slight anomaly on the waveform that the scope found.

Philip Ramsey (Bluebell Audio) is trying to get Hammond to make some special interstage ( about 6:1 from memory) driving transformers, as he thinks that is the best way. I'm sure going to want to try them when (or if) they become available.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:43 PM   #284
diyAudio Member

Default SRPP-833

I don't think this circuit going to work, but I am going to post here and asking for your input.
I want drivers and output tube use the same DC supply. Keep power supply simple
Thanks, 101Audio
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SRPP-833.pdf (15.0 KB, 162 views)
Old 26th December 2012, 04:05 PM   #285
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Peter 807
Smile High power Amp

Why nog make an 4CX250b SE -Amp,about 65Watts and 1000-2000 V ,Anode,grids stabilized.
Big Supply transformator end Big SE trafo.
Used an ECC83,and an EF183 for drive.
Searcing for trafo will be difficult,but fun.

Also PP is possible Output would be around 200Watts,8Ohm use an 4 Ohm tap,to drive the 8Ohm will make an very stable Amplifier,with around 85Watts.

For more info please contact me.

Hide this!Advertise here!