Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2003, 08:24 AM   #1
marjan is offline marjan  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default E283cc

Hi,

Does anyone know a practical way to replace ECC83 with moore quality E283CC tube, without messing with PCB traces (tube stand is PCB mount). I have a pair of NOS Red Valvo and I`d like to use this tube in mm phono preamp, but it has a diferent pinout than ECC83, otherwise it`s considered as a electricly identical but far bether tube. I supouse I wont found an adaptor on the market. Any advice?

rgds
Marijan
Old 18th December 2003, 09:10 AM   #2
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

I don't think it's all that different from a ECC803S but, yes, it has a totally different pinout.

Short of adapting the circuit I fail to see how you can put it to good use.

BTW, the ECC808 is better still...

Cheers,
Old 18th December 2003, 09:18 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: E283cc

Quote:
Originally posted by marjan
Hi,

Does anyone know a practical way to replace ECC83 with moore quality E283CC tube, without messing with PCB traces (tube stand is PCB mount). I have a pair of NOS Red Valvo and I`d like to use this tube in mm phono preamp, but it has a diferent pinout than ECC83, otherwise it`s considered as a electricly identical but far bether tube. I supouse I wont found an adaptor on the market. Any advice?

rgds
Marijan
Hi

You can make adaptors using tube sockets and the base of defect or bad sounding nocval tubes, prefereably gold pinned as they solder better

Mullard ECC83 is tye best to my ears......

Ciao
Old 18th December 2003, 09:48 AM   #4
marjan is offline marjan  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Guido,
I found out that your idea - one socket in another (aditional socket revired to suite e283cc) is probably only sensibile solution. I`m using Telefunken diamond ecc83 for input and output tubes and philips ecc83 as inverter.
I could leave it that vay, this tubes are realy not bad, but where could be the tubes like e283cc used with more advantage than in the phono preamp.
thanks
marijan
Old 18th December 2003, 06:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Senior Member

Hi,

In case you'd decide to go ahead with this, keep in mind that the E283CC is heated by a 6.3V supply only.

Cheers,

Hide this!Advertise here!