• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

E283cc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Does anyone know a practical way to replace ECC83 with moore quality E283CC tube, without messing with PCB traces (tube stand is PCB mount). I have a pair of NOS Red Valvo and I`d like to use this tube in mm phono preamp, but it has a diferent pinout than ECC83, otherwise it`s considered as a electricly identical but far bether tube. I supouse I wont found an adaptor on the market. Any advice?

rgds
Marijan

marjan said:
Hi,

Does anyone know a practical way to replace ECC83 with moore quality E283CC tube, without messing with PCB traces (tube stand is PCB mount). I have a pair of NOS Red Valvo and I`d like to use this tube in mm phono preamp, but it has a diferent pinout than ECC83, otherwise it`s considered as a electricly identical but far bether tube. I supouse I wont found an adaptor on the market. Any advice?

rgds
Marijan

Hi

You can make adaptors using tube sockets and the base of defect or bad sounding nocval tubes, prefereably gold pinned as they solder better

Mullard ECC83 is tye best to my ears......

Ciao

Guido,
I found out that your idea - one socket in another (aditional socket revired to suite e283cc) is probably only sensibile solution. I`m using Telefunken diamond ecc83 for input and output tubes and philips ecc83 as inverter.
I could leave it that vay, this tubes are realy not bad, but where could be the tubes like e283cc used with more advantage than in the phono preamp.
thanks
marijan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.