• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Not sure if Mr. McLean provided instructions for his worksheet, but IIRC, on the upper left corner, you select the transformer number, and the code is automatically generated below, which then can be cut, paste and saved as the SPICE file (or pasted directly into the LTSpice ASC schematic).

Not sure if Mr. McLean provided instructions for his worksheet, but IIRC, on the upper left corner, you select the transformer number, and the code is automatically generated below, which then can be cut, paste and saved as the SPICE file (or pasted directly into the LTSpice ASC schematic).
Whatever instructions he provides the are blury
I know this the ones that i put in a zip is working.

I found the *.ASY files and i got it to work
With some changes in the XLS file he used for a decimal a , this should be a . ( point )

Attachments

• transformers-001.JPG
    transformers-001.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 481
  • transformers-001.zip
    163.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
I found the *.ASY files and i got it to work
With some changes in the XLS file he used for a decimal a , this should be a . ( point )

Finally had a chance to take a look at Mr. McLean's worksheet, the first tab contains very detailed instructions on how to use the worksheet to generate the models. And on each of the tabs, there is a corresponding image that's needed for the SPICE model - you need to make these symbols yourself unless you can find them on the net, or modify existing transformer symbols that you may have to match up the pin names.

I've used Robert McLean's spreadsheet before and haven't had a problem. Can you point out where in the spreadsheet you found the error?

When i use the *.asy models and convert the .SUBCKT text to a file or drective he is using something like this
KALL LP1 LS1 LS2 LP2 LA1 LA2 LA3 0,998434750532354

Here you zie at the end that for the decimal he uses a , ( comma ) but this should be a . ( point )

Maybe this is a program fault becouse my windows is set on dutch

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
When i use the *.asy models and convert the .SUBCKT text to a file or drective he is using something like this
KALL LP1 LS1 LS2 LP2 LA1 LA2 LA3 0,998434750532354

Here you zie at the end that for the decimal he uses a , ( comma ) but this should be a . ( point )

Maybe this is a program fault becouse my windows is set on dutch

Yes, I believe this is the case, you can of course change the default European "," decimal point to "." in Excel.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 396
  • fft5Vpp20kHz.png
    fft5Vpp20kHz.png
    7 KB · Views: 391
  • Push-and-Pull-EL34-AMP-Class-AB-002.asc
    8.6 KB · Views: 143
=nl3prc;3984474]Why do you feed the 12ax7 with the anode line of the 6ca7 this should be better this can give to mutch feed back.

my target was full power at ~2Vpp input, like from most cd playres, or other sources,
besides it is not too much nfb untill the device not oscillates;)
this configuration gives euphinic sound end extraordinary deep of the soundstage.
this is link for real built amp: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/78158-my-last-project.html#post898445

And next time you post a ASC files also iclude the the lib or inc files

they were from your post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/243950-vacuum-tube-spice-models-48.html#post3977202

I have standard directives for the simulations and I copied them for simulations, yes cordell-models.txt is not necessary.
20kHz is for the same reasons, you can easy change it to any frequency you want.
30Hz sim is not bad too.

Attachments

• 5Vpp30Hz.png
    5Vpp30Hz.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited: