Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2015, 06:23 AM   #971
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
I the tube symbols are missing in your LTSpice since euro21 already included the models in his zip file. If so, please unzip the attached file into the LTC\LTSpiceIV\lib\sym\Misc sub-directory and re-start LTSpice again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1326040/tubesym.zip
Old 17th August 2015, 07:57 AM   #972
euro21 is offline euro21  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmoore View Post
how do you add the files to ltspice?
Simple create directory (for example 'Misc' ) under ...\lib\sym directory, and copy here *.sym symbols.

For example potentiometer.asy (which is editable simple text file, with .asy extension):

"
Version 4
SymbolType CELL
LINE Normal 16 88 16 96
LINE Normal 0 80 16 88
LINE Normal 32 64 0 80
LINE Normal 0 48 32 64
LINE Normal 32 32 0 48
LINE Normal 16 0 16 8
LINE Normal 16 8 0 16
LINE Normal -24 61 -24 35
LINE Normal -24 35 0 48
LINE Normal -24 61 0 48
LINE Normal -48 48 -24 48
LINE Normal 0 16 32 32
CIRCLE Normal -3 101 -11 90
WINDOW 0 33 0 Left 0
WINDOW 38 34 78 Left 0
WINDOW 39 33 107 Left 0
SYMATTR SpiceModel potentiometer
SYMATTR SpiceLine WiperPos=0.5
SYMATTR Prefix X
SYMATTR Description A potentiometer
SYMATTR ModelFile potentiometer.lib
PIN 16 0 NONE 0
PINATTR PinName A
PINATTR SpiceOrder 1
PIN -48 48 NONE 8
PINATTR PinName B
PINATTR SpiceOrder 2
PIN 16 96 NONE 0
PINATTR PinName C
PINATTR SpiceOrder 3
"

This symbol file refers to 'potentiometer', which is located in "potentiometer.lib" file.

If you use many own (created) symbols (as I) I recommend create own directories (in my case 'myLib') under ...\lib\sym, which contains symbol files, and the other (for example 'myLib') which contains *.lib files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LTSpice.jpg (64.9 KB, 338 views)
Old 19th August 2015, 04:06 AM   #973
Flipmoore is offline Flipmoore  United States
diyAudio Member

When attempt to run the I get an unknown subcurcuit error called in:xu8 +240v n003 n006 12ax_7
Old 19th August 2015, 06:26 AM   #974
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
To Flipmoore:

Please help to keep this thread on topic.

It appears that you are having problems using LTSpice, so this thread isn't really the best place for posting your questions, could you please ask the Moderators (by clicking the little triangle on the lower left corner of your post) to move posts 956-973 to its own thread, someone should be able to help you with the problem. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited by jazbo8; 19th August 2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 22nd August 2015, 03:13 PM   #975
Alastair E is offline Alastair E  Wales
diyAudio Member

Personally--I think it is EXACTLY the place to show issues adding models to LT. Keeps all LT stuff (AND the Problems/Solutions) together.

I cant get Anything at all to add to my current version of LT.

Just says when unzipped--Unable to extract to LT blahblah, Please check and try again.....
Old 22nd August 2015, 04:02 PM   #976
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair E View Post
Personally--I think it is EXACTLY the place to show issues adding models to LT. Keeps all LT stuff (AND the Problems/Solutions) together.
I beg to differ, please bear in mind that not everyone uses LTSpice, nor is this thread intended for LTSpice beginner tutorials, espically since there is already a very good one by Mooly on the Software & Tools Forum.
Old 30th August 2015, 10:08 AM   #977
bea is offline bea  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenieus View Post
Great thread, guys. I just read the whole thing and look forward to trying out the models that I have found.

In the spirit of giving back, here is a zip file with all the models in the thread. They are all in LTspice format (although I may have overlooked something along the way). Each model is in its own file. Just extract it to the directory c:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sub (or ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/LTC/LTspiceIV/lib/sub for the Linuxheads like me, hehehe) and have fun.
That's nice, thank You. Is it possible to merge them into a library which can be better maintained, i.e. a single file?

I would like to avoid clobbering my sub-Folder too much, and be able to switch between different tube libs...

As i am unexperienced with LTSpice - would it be sufficient to "cat" them into one single file, give that the extension .lib and install that?
Old 30th August 2015, 06:32 PM   #978
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by bea View Post
Is it possible to merge them into a library which can be better maintained, i.e. a single file?
Please use Installing and using LTspice. From beginner to advanced thread for all LTSpice related questions.
Old 13th September 2015, 04:46 PM   #979
jez is offline jez  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

There are so many versions of models for common valves that it gets rather difficult to know which are the most accurate and suitable.
Could any of the spice experts on here suggest the most accurate models, which are suitable for multisim, for 12AX7, 12AU7, 12AT7, ECC88/6DJ8 and other such everyday use valves.
The Ayumi models seem very well regarded but don't run on multisim. I recall seeing a thread somewhere in which someone claimed to have converted all the Ayumi models for use with multisim but then declined to publish them in case it was "treading on the toes" of Ayumi himself....
Old 13th September 2015, 05:44 PM   #980
jazbo8 is offline jazbo8
diyAudio Moderator

Vacuum Tube SPICE Models
For the tubes that you listed, any of the commonly available models will work.

Vacuum Tube SPICE ModelsHide this!Advertise here!