• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Anthem 1 intergrated amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a anthem 1 integrated amp, that when it powers up it will make like a rushing noise, and I have to tap on the amp for to go away! I have rolled all the tubes and nothing seems to do anything! I have contacted SF and they said to get a hold parts connexion , witch I did! They said that there out of parts for that amp! What parts go obsolete in the amp and why can this be trouble shooted ?

If anyone has any incite on this or that can help That would be great!!

Thanks !!

Mike

Ill have to check that! There is one tube in the center that shares both channels Ill check that as well! Are you familer with this amp it a ultra linear am that uses
8 el84 for the output and 12au7 for the pre. One tube not sure what it in the preamp section that shares both channels ! It is self biasing . How do I know what tubes I can use and what tubes I cannot use in this amp?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.