• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

datasheet request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is "mu"?

Hi Mozikluv,
If you are going to be using tubes , you should (preferably) know how a tube works and all its parameters.

Quote : but what's "miniature high mu twin triode"

You shouldn't be asking this. Please check out the web for a page on the operation of a vacuum tube. The explanation is not difficult but long . I can't remember the URL's but someone could help with that.
Cheers.

tube amps

:) hi ashok

thanks for you reply, i will check out those sites you have recommended. am not that knowledgeable when it comes to tubes. the only time i had experience on tubes was way back in my high school days and it was purely assembling only and when it comes to particular functions am a bit lacking in know how. so i will just have to review my tubes.:)

Hurry up !

Hi Mozikluv,

Read through those pages a few times and you will get the hang of it. Then you can start shooting the questions and designing your first few circuits. You'll find it pretty interesting. You don't need to know too much to build some working circuits. Refining them might take more time. There is enough help on this forum.
Have fun.
Cheers.
ashok.

Don't forget to do a search for circuits on the forum first. There are quite a few out there.

Re: What is "mu"?

ashok said:
If you are going to be using tubes , you should (preferably) know how a tube works and all its parameters.

You shouldn't be asking this. Please check out the web for a page on the operation of a vacuum tube. The explanation is not difficult but long . I can't remember the URL's but someone could help with that.
Cheers.

Simply, "mu" is the amount of inherent amplification in a given tube. But a really good, clean and easy to understand explanation of hoe triodes work and the most common and basic circuit application appears here and there is a PDF of the several html pages here

but what's "miniature high mu twin triode"

minature - means it's a small botlle, usually nine pin, smaller than the 8 pin octals that were most common for a long time.

high mu - means high gain, or lots of amplification. Note this is a relative term and the way a given tube is used in the circuit can vary the amount of actual amplification that will result

twin triode - there are two seperate triodes within the one glass envelope (tube)

tube amps

:) hi,

thanx for the replies guys. the reason why am asking all the queries is bcoz i have this stereo tube amp which i have assembled quite a long time ago and it's in the dust bin for so long. the tube #s that i have posted are all used in that amp. as soon as i have the proper time i would like to revive that. i will have to draw up the schem for that coz i have lost it or probably thrown it away. once i have the circuit drawn i will post it here and have you guys scrutinize and comment on it.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.