• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Aikido preamp power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am building Aikido preamp and I red many reviews and posts regarding the power supply which, most of project builders have used solid state designs.

I found this complete module in ebay, can anyone give any idea is this good PS for Aikido?

Anodenspannungsversorgung Platine | eBay

Schematics
https://picasaweb.google.com/vbkolsen/AikidoPreamplifier#5651504948065234066

thanks
Hello!
For recommendations for given this power supply fits your Aikido tube preamplifier give the schematic your preamp!
Otherwise, this is essentially the power supply of sematic is universal and can be used for each tube pre-amplifier.;)
cheers!:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi

Ok, on schematics link you can see the design of PSU, I have no idea why ebay link isn't appearing..
My concern is with this PSU, is it ok if in gnd I can connect earth from socket?
Reason why I'm asking is that, some sources I use will have earth connected to the gnd of the power supply.

Quality PSU for tube preamp!

Hi Bekim!
Here schematic quality power supply for yours Aikido tube preamp!;)
Enjoy!:wave::drink:

Attachments

• Bux85 Tip50 bipolar PSU.jpg
    Bux85 Tip50 bipolar PSU.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,626
Hi Bekim!
Here schematic quality power supply for yours Aikido tube preamp!;)
Enjoy!:wave::drink:

Thanks for the schematics.

This circuit looks ok, just "too" many bipolar transistors on it :confused:

I am thinking to use this design for preamp, looks simple and I can purchase pcb in ebay. Anyone, do you think is ok this design, attached in my post.

thanks

Attachments

• PSU.gif
    PSU.gif
    11 KB · Views: 1,531
Joined 2005
Paid Member
1N4148 as a rectifier for Hi-Voltage ?

Don't get me wrong, Bekim, but
don't you think 1N4148 ( 75V-100V, 75 mA-200mA depending on what
database we have) are somewhat too weak for the rest of that PSU ?
Similar psu tend to use 1N4007/UF4007/SF4007 or "tougher" diodes.

Greez

Siggi

Last edited:
The diodes are in fact too weak ...
Why not use a Maida reg for the Aikido..?

This is more than up to the task, and even better, I could sell you one ready built!
I used this for my Aikido Parafeed headphone amp but later replaced it with a Salas shunt reg. When you are interested it can be yours for 20€ plus shipping. It is set for 210V out (up to 200mA at least) but can be set for other voltages. It just needs a transformer and CRC prefilter.

Attachments

• maida_reg_Aikido.png
    maida_reg_Aikido.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,506
  • maida-2.JPG
    maida-2.JPG
    608.2 KB · Views: 1,499
Thanks for reply.

Actually those 1N4148 are 1N4007, might be typo in schematics.

Here you find schematics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/vbkolsen/AikidoPreamplifier#5651504948065234066

PCB I found in ebay.de [I hope I post the link right this time] after http:// put ebay dot de
http:// Elektronik, Autos, Mode, Sammlerstücke, Gutscheine und mehr Online-Shopping | eBay /itm/Anodenspannungsversorgung-Platine-/110397932032?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_Verst%C3%A4rker&hash=item19b43ac200

Reason I am after mosfet is, soft start, otherwise your designs are great.

thanks

Thanks for the schematics.

This circuit looks ok, just "too" many bipolar transistors on it :confused:

I am thinking to use this design for preamp, looks simple and I can purchase pcb in ebay. Anyone, do you think is ok this design, attached in my post.

thanks
And this schematic can use for your tube preamplifier, as not cost much!
cheers!

The diodes are in fact too weak ...
Why not use a Maida reg for the Aikido..?

This is more than up to the task, and even better, I could sell you one ready built!
I used this for my Aikido Parafeed headphone amp but later replaced it with a Salas shunt reg. When you are interested it can be yours for 20€ plus shipping. It is set for 210V out (up to 200mA at least) but can be set for other voltages. It just needs a transformer and CRC prefilter.
Hi Stixx!
That the DC input voltage (Vin =?) should be on this circuit for the output to be get Vout = 250Vdc.
Is STW13NK60 (IRFS450) can be replaced with IRF830?
thank you!

Hi Beikim!
Use 2 a transformer, Tr1 of 15 .. 20VA with second hand of 13 ... 16Vac for power supply heater tube and other transformer Tr2 of 4 ... 6VA the second hand of 12Vac. The latter connect with PRIMARAR the first secondary transformer of 15Vac, so that otherwise get around 220V.... 240Vac for voltage + B node tube. (See schematic Figure-1).
cheers!

Attachments

• Power supply-1.JPG
    Power supply-1.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 805
Bekim, if you want to complete a quality tube pre-amp I recommend this to with ecc88. Not very expensive for design, but provide great tube sound! ;)
Enjoy!:eguitar::violin:
Cheers!:cheers:

Attachments

• Tube preamp with 6DJ8 - Schematic.JPG
    Tube preamp with 6DJ8 - Schematic.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.