• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

En Vogue Darling SRPP SE SRPP tube amp will this work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading John Broskie's TubeCad Journals and ran across an Idea,
that I could have a double SRPP SE tube amp and could be really nice. I recently posted a Schematic that would work, however after all the comments I went back to the Design table and came up with this even though I have not run the math yet, Anybody ever heard of doing this and I am only running 2- compression drivers at HF so the roll off is going to be about 2.5Khz. Any thoughts on what the Rak OR Rk would be? and what would be the expected outcome since the Signal coming in will end up being the same sine wave going out! in phase, yes? We may not need the transformer coupling cap if I went fixed bias would this be a good idea for this output topology, like a LM337 to bias each output tube, or pairs? How would you make this schematic work?
RegenPak? Pianolydia

Attachments

• 1626 En Vogue Darling SRPP amplifier.PDF
    420.1 KB · Views: 138
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading John Broskie's TubeCad Journals and ran across an Idea,
that I could have a double SRPP SE tube amp and could be really nice. I recently posted a Schematic that would work, however after all the comments I went back to the Design table and came up with this even though I have not run the math yet, Anybody ever heard of doing this and I am only running 2- compression drivers at HF so the roll off is going to be about 2.5Khz. Any thoughts on what the Rak OR Rk would be? and what would be the expected outcome since the Signal coming in will end up being the same sine wave going out! in phase, yes? We may not need the transformer coupling cap if I went fixed bias would this be a good idea for this output topology, like a LM337 to bias each output tube, or pairs? How would you make this schematic work?
RegenPak? Pianolydia

Just curious if someone can help here!

Yes, you are right, but I like this arrangement!

Here is the very latest of my En Vogue Darling and with SRPP in both stages,
seems to be buildable, but want some approval on some values, because I have a full range and HF switch and since the FR has an input signal already 20-20Khz
why would I need a PLLXO on that line going to the driver? And, I took out one of the 120k resistors and also place the Fixed bias on the output stage so I can adjust and monitor what the pair in each channel is doing to keep them matched up! Any thoughts? Thanks, Pianolydia

Attachments

• 1626 En Vogue TWIN SRPP amplifier.PDF
    279.6 KB · Views: 80
You'll blow up the upper 1626 without a coupling capacitor. And I have to side with Aardvarkash10: what are you trying to achieve here? I mean, NiMH battery biasing? What if you've got a bat flattery? Regular NiMHs go flat in a few months by themselves. Since you already use semiconductors why not two 1N5408s (or any other regular silicon 3A diode) in series, gives you a nice solid 1.0-1.2 volts. Or use a LED, saves you a power indicator :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.