• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Is this Tesla ECC803S real or fake?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for answer!

Don`t know why the link doesn`t work.

The offer on ebay is:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have a look at this vintageaudio tube ECC803S made in Czechoslovakia byTESLA [/FONT]in the 1980's:
Old genuine production with 17mm long ribbed plates
This tube has been tested on a calibrated RPG70 tubetester:
(plate: +200 volts, grid: -2 volt => 0.50/0.50 mA = 100% new tube)

The emission values are excellent: 0.95/0.95 mA

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
ecc83data.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The item is located in Germany, the shipping costs [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for registered service (up to 500g) including insurance are:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Worldwide: US$ 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Combine auctions and save on shipping ![/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Check out my other items!
Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
This is a private auction. All sales are final.
Items are sold AS IS with no warranty expressed or implied !

I contacted to seller and asked some more pictures to identify construction details.
And guess what? Ebay sent me message that "my bid was withdrawn" by someone (I guess by seller). So, probably my questions to the seller are not welcome.
Tubes are tough business :)

The jacmusic article is very infomative. Thanks for the link!

I just noticed this thread , I have been noticing a lot of very poor fakes around as well as used tubes tarted up in crispy new boxes . I'm 99% sure of the origin and it's a supplier here in the UK who at one time was putting reproduction oval GEC stickers on tubes to increase value , this time round it's the full works which I find particularly disturbing . I won't name them in public but will oblige if sent a PM . Just spotted these on Ebay which I believe come from this source , emailed him and he appears serious and has taken the listing down right away

1pcs Tesla ECC803S CV492 CV4004 ECC83 12AX7 Gold Pin Special Qaulity | eBay

It's a recent production JJ ECC83 with pins gold plated , rebranded as Tesla ECC803S and supplied in dodgy looking boxes . Wrong plate structure for a start which gives the game away in an instant . This sort of crud is being sold all over the world and unsuspecting buyers are the ones losing out most as well as the unsuspecting sellers stocking these .

316A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.