6EB8\6GN8 P-P Output 2*12w Class-B - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th August 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
TURING is offline TURING  China
diyAudio Member

Default 6EB8\6GN8 P-P Output 2*12w Class-B

Output 2*12w Class-B

Posted this post, it is expected very few people will respond. Because it was too upset it. However, I do it well, and it is very good, in the output 2 6w when distortion is small, but has a good sound quality. Maximum output can reach 2 12W. Do not believe? Then you can try.

Shell is the CD drive of the shell, the entire tube amp with palm size.

Of course, a more powerful vacuum is entirely possible. I still want to use a smaller power vacuum tube for greater output.
As a result of the CLASS-B status, the whole tube amp static power consumption is very small.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14.JPG (76.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 13.JPG (99.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 12.JPG (115.5 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 11.JPG (83.9 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg 22.JPG (133.3 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by TURING; 19th August 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:34 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Do not believe? Then you can try.
I believe, because I made one. Try the 6HZ8. It has the same pinout but more power, with slightly different bias. It is physically bigger so it may not fit in your chassis.
Old 18th August 2013, 09:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
I believe, because I made one. Try the 6HZ8. It has the same pinout but more power, with slightly different bias. It is physically bigger so it may not fit in your chassis.
Class-B too?

Dude, my bosom friend ah! ~

The thought that "unprecedented and no latecomers" it.

Last edited by TURING; 18th August 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 18th August 2013, 10:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Class-B too?
I designed a circuit board for use as a driver for some big sweep tube experiments. The board was designed to use any of the tubes that have the "9DX" pinout. I had 6GN8's in it for a while, and I have tried about 12 different tube types with 6BA8's in the board right now. I am using them for lower gain. I ran the board into an OPT and cranked it to see how much power it would put out. While not technically pure class B because there was a few mA of idle current, it was biased rather cold to boost the efficiency. I got about 15 WPC with the 6HZ8's. The board is now being operated in class A with mosfet followers for use as a driver in some high power class B type experiments.

There are a few of us here that have been experimenting with operation at the edge of class B to boost efficiency. Most of these experiments use TV sweep tubes and lots of clean power is the goal.

I have been working with class B type stuff for about 10 years. look at this thread for the latest experiments using this board:

Show me your screen drive circuits
Old 19th August 2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Junm is offline Junm  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Junm
hi turing, can you show your schematics..i also have 8kr8's ...i think it can fit the bill.
Old 19th August 2013, 07:49 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

11k, not shown, a negative feedback.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 112.JPG (226.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 19th August 2013, 07:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Schematic would be simple: one triode voltage amp, another triode phase splitter and then both pentodes as PP power stage. Cute little amp. Being European I'd use ECL82 which alas is not pin compatible.

Edit: hah- spoke too soon
Old 19th August 2013, 07:56 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
I designed a circuit board for use as a driver for some big sweep tube experiments. The board was designed to use any of the tubes that have the "9DX" pinout. I had 6GN8's in it for a while, and I have tried about 12 different tube types with 6BA8's in the board right now. I am using them for lower gain. I ran the board into an OPT and cranked it to see how much power it would put out. While not technically pure class B because there was a few mA of idle current, it was biased rather cold to boost the efficiency. I got about 15 WPC with the 6HZ8's. The board is now being operated in class A with mosfet followers for use as a driver in some high power class B type experiments.

There are a few of us here that have been experimenting with operation at the edge of class B to boost efficiency. Most of these experiments use TV sweep tubes and lots of clean power is the goal.

I have been working with class B type stuff for about 10 years. look at this thread for the latest experiments using this board:

Show me your screen drive circuits
Can you upload your schematic?

Last edited by TURING; 19th August 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 19th August 2013, 08:02 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regenpak View Post
Schematic would be simple: one triode voltage amp, another triode phase splitter and then both pentodes as PP power stage. Cute little amp. Being European I'd use ECL82 which alas is not pin compatible.

Edit: hah- spoke too soon
ecl82? good tube! why not ecl86?
Old 19th August 2013, 08:10 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURING View Post
ecl82? good tube! why not ecl86?
Why not indeed! With almost double the allowable plate dissipation (9W) a pair of ECL86s will easily produce 14 watts of power with 300V supply voltage.

Hide this!Advertise here!