• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6AS7 Svetlana schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I would like to use these Svetlana's tubes to my next SE amp project.
Do you have any other schematics than this one from the manufacturer's pages: http://www.svetlana.com/docs/tubeframe.html

I need to have 2-8W and I have the preamp already to drive this.

I started this thread because I'm going to use this amp with my "coming soon" 100dB horn speakers..

Thanks for your replies!!!

yours: Pete

You'll need a pretty low impedance primary on your OPT, and quite a bit of drive voltage (because the gain of 6AS7 is ~2.)

Oh yeah - you are in Finland - so very close to RU. Before Russian tubes were exported under north american names 6AS7/6080, these lamps were made in SSSR under names 6N5S, and 6N13S. (Just in case you come across some. there should be planty of stock around)

another alternative is 6S19P - 9 pin finger tube, equal to half of 6AS7. or 6S41S - equal to both halves of 6AS7 tied together.. more or less.

Hi Colt45 and Heiko,

Thanks for your replies!

Do you know if appr. 33V to 100k load will be good enough to drive this set?

FYI:
I have ordered Fostex FE 206E -elements. Will be backloaded single driver horns with efficiency 100dB, 1W. So I don't really need more than a couple of watts..

here are the specs for the Fostex:
http://www.fostex.co.jp/int/pages/products/spunits/unitpdf/fe206erev.pdf

P.S. Heiko, I've seen your pages earlier.. You are right, there is not much of these tubes on the net. It is a really great looking set! Cheers!

Thank you Frank!

Liliput would be the one for me. Do you have anything in English concerning this Liliput? I don't understand Italian and the pages were poorly translated with a translator program.

You're right on the wide bandwith with this tube.

Cheers!
-Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.