• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What is better than one audioromy M-828A FU29?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is better that one audioromy M-828A?

DSCN0080.JPG

DSCN0081.JPG

:):):):)

One audioromy for the 8'
One audioromy for the 4' and 1'

:D:D:D

Ha! A man after my own heart! I have an Audioromy FU-29 amp, love it. Great little amp, bargain of the century. And because the FU-29 / 829 / 2E29 tube is not used anywhere these days, you can get NOS RCA 829's for $15. Just can't go wrong with this amp. The sound is really wonderful.

Use a heat radiating connector on the 5894 anode connection...

yes, in one of the units i repaired the nylon pin cover got burned in time...
other issues with this amp is red plating, that is why i will use the 5894 instead...
another thing i did with this amp is to convert this into a cathode resistor bias...

also the power switch do not last long, replacing it with a better quality one is step in the right direction...

Plate Caps

Early version of this amp had plastic plate pin connectors. Current production (like mine-) have ceramic plate caps.

Never saw plates glowing red on mine.

I know two users of this amp - my pal Mike, who has used his daily for 4 years, and me, I've used mine daily for about 18 months. Neither of our power switches have shown any indication of failure- maybe later production has been changed to higher capacity switches?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This might be something I will investigate when I get mine. Given the extremely modest price (I wasn't kidding in that previous remark) I am sure the transformers are just "good enough."

I used to have a pp 300B amplifier OEM'd in China and was very surprised at the relatively good quality of the output transformers which were wound in house.

I had yaqin ms300b amp before the audioromy 838. And like the audioromy now for 10 years. I have replaced the driver tube for 6n6p and removed the volume potmeter.
Did a lot of tuberolling but origenal FU-13 with ribbed plates are best.

Some measurements:

Power at 1% distorsion = 23.6 Watt rms. at 8ohm.
Freq. respons +/- 0.5db = 22Hz to 27kHz.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.