• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

found this on kickstarter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The hyperbole is the one that makes seem the production of the sound similar to the reproduction, which is a whole different matter.
I'm talking about the period in which says ' tube drive + SS power+ good drivers= all musicians love it'
Talking about a singular element ( such as...speakers) doesn't lead to anywhere=nowhere

Those drivers are probably pretty low efficiency, so are going to need a lot more power that SE EL84 can provide in that configuration.

jeff

He is using 4" drivers for the main speakers. There are plenty that can be driven to reasonable volume with a 3W tube amp using cavities the size shown. For instance the Tang Band W4-1320SJ at 89dB/W-M.

I'm not talking concert level here. Just a nice system for background music while reading, cooking, etc.

It looks like the cavity is not partitioned, which it should be if it is stereo. There is too much cross coupling between the channels.

Fitting a full tube amp would be an issue.

All jokes aside, I have that little sub and it puts out the bass. Plus I have meet people on here that say they have produced bass down to 30 hz with that sub.

It's got dual santoprene surrounds and a floating coil.

It may be tang band and you may think it is expensive at almost 40 but it is definitely a "Fun" sized sub :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.