Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10th December 2003, 12:49 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Double checking my PSU and filter question.
I'm just starting to plan my first amp project and decided to try the JE Labs 2A3. I can't decide whether to do the SRPP or 2001 model yet but they look pretty similar. I do not want to use the GZ37 rectifier and want to sub it with a 5AR4.
I did do a simulation with PSUD2 starting with a Hammond 272JX at 300V with the 5AR4 as a rectifier, 4.7uF/10H(75ohm)/100uF pi filter followed by a 120mA current load. Seems to be fine because I get 329V at the load with about 363Vp. Current rings a little at about 4mS, after turn on.
My questions are:
1) does this PS look okay?
2) is the 5AR4 a slow starter for delaying the B+ turn on?
3) is the 5AR4 too small for this current load?
4) is this enough filtering for the main B+ line?
5) should I worry about the current ringing at 4mS?
6) which design should I go for? 2a3 2001 or SRPP 2a3?
7) any recommendations for a SE OPT that cost between the Hammond 125ESE and the 1627SE?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Checking ARC SP9||Pathmark||Tubes / Valves||2||11th December 2007 04:03 PM|
|Checking in...||ghudnub||Introductions||1||19th September 2005 03:58 PM|
|Double Chamber Reflex Vent Question||Guss||Multi-Way||16||26th June 2004 07:44 PM|
|quick question about double chamber reflex||nobody special||Multi-Way||3||11th June 2003 04:54 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|