• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6GB8 data sheet translation needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, are there any Japanese-speaking (or, rather, Japanese-reading) forum members who would be able to translate some bits of the Toshiba 6GB8 tube datasheet? I have a handfull of used ones, they look good at Pa 35W, Pg2 10W, 130W from a pair in AB1, and I'll be happy to trade a couple of them for a translation of at least the non-guessable parts. I attach a part of the data sheet, at the moment I'm particularly interested in what seems to be SE pentode operation at 250V (p1, LH column) yielding 15W, but I can't figure out what is 20 m-ohms, what is 15K ohms, and what is 15 (the line above the 1,600ohm load). But I'd like also to understand the 320V/40W p-p and what seems to be the triode operation on the lower right. The power-crazies amongst us may be interested in the fixed-bias p-p figures.
please pm me if you wish
cheers from New Zealand
rtch

Attachments

• 6G-B8 Hi-Fi p1 50%.pdf
    407.9 KB · Views: 635
I can start the translation, at least:

The regime is "Single A1" and Application: (can't read it)

- The 20m Ohms is given as the Transconductance so a think they mean 20m Mho (20mA/V);
- the 15K ohms is "Plate inner resistance", i.e. Ra

Next, "Push-Pull AB1"
Va=Vg2=320V
"cathode resistor": 60 ohm
load: 2500 ohm

Table, first row: "Grid 1 signal input voltage rms"
2nd row "plate current"
3rd row "grid 2 current"
4th row "output"
5th row distorton

Yes, the last application has "2nd grid bound to plate"
Table, first row: "Grid 1 signal input voltage rms"
2nd row "plate current"

etc

Then, the triode-mode PP mode is given.

Hello Rod. Would you be so kind as to translate a single end section?

Thanks in advance!
Andrew.

OK, it says

Single Class A

Va=Vg2=250V
Vg1=-8V
Cathode Resistor 57Ω
Internal Plate resistance 15KΩ
Output Load 1600Ω

G1 Drive V ... Plate Current mA ... G2 current mA ... Output W ... Distortion%

0V .................... 140.................... 12 ................... - ................... -
3.2 V ................. 145 ................. 16 ................. 6 ................. 5.8%
4.65V ................. 149................. 21.5 ............... 12 ................. 8.1%
3.2 V ................. 151 ................. 28 ................. 15 ................. 9.5%

それらのPenthodesをお楽しみください!

ロッド

Enjoy those Pentodes! -Rod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.