• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Kailin El34

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I looked at one of these integrated tube amps on Ebay and it looked interesting. But given the description of the amp and more specifically the grammer used in the description, I have some questions about whether it is above board. Has anyone heard of this company, know anything about the quality of the product, how it sounds? I am considering moving up to a tube amp set up and this, if it is any good, seems like it may be a good start? If not, I would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you very much.:smash:

Yes

I am working on a seriously damaged kailin amp. They sound nice from what I uunderstand. The workmanship inside is nothing special from what the guy's on this site tell me. I have seen the kailin on Ebay also. If I was not so cheap I would have bought it.
:D

DO NOT BUY KAILIN!!

Well, I went ahead and purchased the amp. It is a very neat looking piece. That is the only nice thing I have to say about it. The amp is very noisy, not particularly musical, runs very hot (so hot that the top board where the tubes are mounted is warping) and despite my 15 or so e-mails to the seller, I have received no responses. Please don't make the same mistake I did. There are plenty of low priced, decent sounding tube amps with good support! Stay away from this crappy company.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.